Four years in the making

I started knitting this hat four years ago. It was a project that could have been completed *very* quickly if it had not been forgotten so many times. This evening I picked it up, and after 30 minutes of knitting, and 40 minutes of assembling I completed it.

The hat was originally meant for Melissa -- so she could keep warm and sport IU colors while playing clarinet during long cold football games. Alas, Melissa played her last game this season. Luckily my father said he would be interested in wearing the hat himself. Of course, that was before I added the cute pom-pom on the top.

The pattern for this cap is one of my favorites because it is so simple. First knit a rectangle. Sew two sides together to make a cylinder. Run a piece of yarn through the top edge and pull it like a draw string to bunch up the fabric at the top of the hat. Add optional pom-pom. Voila! A hat is born!

1 comment:

  1. I am not very experienced at knitting, but that hat seems like something I could try, so that I'm not making scarves all the time. I just need to remember my stitches...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.