Panthéon in Paris

"Today has been amazing. Yep, one more fantastic day. We began at the Panthéon. It was beautiful. I think it is my favorite site so far. The huge ceilings with the parallel columns made the space feel massive, unending. I felt like I could see the whole thing from every place I stood since it was so open. And I loved the pendulum in the middle, constantly proving the world is spinning. It had such a flawless and fluid motion, I had to take a video."
- 5/30/2009 9:00pm




But wait, there's more. Below the beautiful structure is a crypt with many tombs, including that of: Voltaire, Berthelot, Rousseau, Victor Hugo, Emile Zola, Jean Moulin, Marie Curie, Louis Braille, and Jean Jaures. (Okay, I did not write that list from memory or my journal, I just copied it from Wikipedia.)


Empty Tomb.


The inventor of Braille.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.