Arlington

It has been a while since I've posted, but not because I don't have anything to say!  This has been a busy semester full of traveling, so I'll try to catch everyone up. 

At the beginning of February I flew out to Arlington to interview for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.  I thought the interview went really well, but alas, there were many *amazing* candidates, so they did not offer a scholarship to me.  Still, I had a fun time in Arlington.

Actually, I flew in to Washington National, and took a shuttle out to Arlington.  I spent less than 24 hours on the East coast, and over 8 of them were in the airport or a car.  For some reason it hadn't occurred to me that I would be driving through D.C. on the way to Arlington.  The shuttle driver had to drop off several people around the city.  I got quick glimpses of the National Mall and a couple other land marks.

Anyway, while I was there I met lots of cool people.  Unfortunately it felt like they were all either from the East coast or California.  Although I did make one friend who grew up in Kansas.  


Luckily we were able to tour around the very cute city of Annapolis before our interview.  Here I am in front of the capitol building with my Kansas/Ivy-league friend. 

On the way back to the airport, I was prepared for driving by land marks and had my camera ready.  My shuttle driver was awesome and said we had time for a detour that would take us by several photo opportunities.  The following blurry pictures result.

The geese were migrating.





1 comment:

  1. Not a bad site, though I don't know if it's better than the best Web site ever.... www.nickmangiaracina.com Haha. I was just curious as to what you were up to so google'd you. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.