Spring Break, Woohoo

For Spring break about four of my friends and I went with a group from IU to do a week long build for Habitat for Humanity. We stayed in Slidell, LA (near New Orleans) and worked on a site just across the border in Mississippi (state motto - It's like coming home).

I don't think I will ever be able to paint a house as well as I can right now. I've got about 40 hours experience. We painted the inside and the outside, the ceilings and the walls (and occasionally the floors, though not intentionally).

I had an amazing time in New Orleans. Everything was blooming in the Garden District, and the people were friendly and generally more interesting than your average Midwesterner. I loved the diversity of accents inside the city. Some of them sound like they were really from Brooklyn.

If you ever get the chance to visit, take it, and take me with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.