Random Act of Kindness

Last night I had a couple of loads of laundry to finish before packing for the next day (I'll be in Maine visiting Tryna's family for the next week). I went down to switch my first load to the dryer and the second into the washer when I found that someone had cut in front of me, putting their clothes in the washer, and mine had been shoved into the dryer. So, I pushed the low heat button and went back to my apartment. At this point a few people had come over and I began to forget about the laundry transgression and about my drying clothes.

Many minutes after my clothes should have been done, I returned to the laundry room where I expected to find them heaped in a pile, expelled from the dryer as they had been from the washer. Instead, they were neatly folded on top of the machine.

I would like to officially thank (and apologize to) whomever folded my clothes. It is possibly the nicest thing a complete stranger has ever done for me. Thank you.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.