Come Rain or Come Shine

This morning when I woke up I decided I wanted to go to the lovely Bloomington Farmer's Market. I hadn't been in a few weeks, and I was craving some fresh fruits and veggies. While I was still lying in bed, I planned out my entire morning... farmer's market, library, then starbucks. I got up and opened my curtains and realized that it was raining. I would not let that deter me. So I took everything off of the crate that I was using as a night stand, bungee corded it to the back of my bike, threw a raincoat over my sweatshirt, and headed out into the wet.

The market was wonderful, but there was no apple cider, which was disappointing to say the least. Evidently new FDA regulations have been placed on cider that makes it difficult for local farmers to make a profit on the small amount they would normally produce. So I settled on a quarter peck of apples, some sweet corn, a cucumber, and a few green tomatoes (for frying) instead.

As it turns out, I love biking in the rain, but I do not love being wet. After a short stop at the library, I went to Starbucks to enjoy a hot caramel apple cider (since I had been deprived at the market). I guess Starbucks likes to keep its customers cool while they enjoy their hot drinks, but I, being thoroughly drenched at this point, was freezing. So I took out my book (also slightly damp) and read about half a chapter before giving up and returning to my warm apartment and changing back into my pajamas.

A lovely Saturday morning, all-in-all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit disappointed that you chose to kill the cricket rather than setting it free outside, but, considering I'd never let a spider go free, I guess I really have no right to judge. On another note, I'm sorry for not replying to your latest letter yet. I haven't been nearly as good a pen pal as I have been in previous years. :( My last few weekends have been fairly busy (my parents came down one, then the next I went to the Renaissance Festival with a group from school, and last weekend I attended my cousin's wedding). I'll try to find time soon to write you more on these activities however. In the meantime, I hope all is well with you! Yours, Ann

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.